In 2022, top trends for Beverly Hills bathrooms transform functional spaces into a soothing spa-like environment. Many of these trends, based on minimalism, strive to create a relaxing experience through natural, high-quality materials and timeless, purposeful pieces.
In this article, we focus on the trends of PVD finishes as well as concrete tubs and basins. Let’s dive in.
PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) Finishes
Shown above: the John Pawson Complete Thermostatic Rain Shower Set
What is a PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) Finish?
In technical terms, the PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) finish is created through a process in which hardware is subjected to a high voltage charge in order to attract that vaporized metal and deposit it on the surface. This creates a super hard coating.
Advantages of a PVD Finish
This coating provides a range of benefits, making it a popular choice amongst interior designers and architects.
- Corrosion-Resistance: PVD finishes are designed to combat challenges such as UV rays, rain, salty air, and humidity.
- Improves Durability: PVD finishes can help to extend the lifespan of a piece by making the material extremely hard and resistant to scratches.
- Environmentally Sustainable: other coating processes are more damaging to the environment and require the use of chemicals, such as powder coating involving cyanides and toxic cleaning solvents.
Due to these advantages, PVD finishes are popular for designs incorporating elements such as outdoor showers or near an ocean.
COCOON Offers PVD Finishes
Wondering how to get your hands on some pieces with this popular type of finish? COCOON offers PVD finishes on their entire line. Let’s take a look at an example.
Specialty Hardware + Plumbing is proud to present this Dark Grey Bathroom Sink Faucet, by COCOON. The JP36 Dark Grey is made from premium materials, this Bathroom Sink Faucet offers great function and value for your home. This fixture is part of COCOON’s John Pawson Collection, so make sure to check out other fixtures to accessorize your room.
For more examples of PVD finishes, check out our article about what’s new at COCOON.
Concrete tubs have become a significant trend in 2022, especially in Beverly Hills, for several reasons. For instance, concrete tubs are:
- Resistant to humidity
- Able to be paired with a range of accessories and fixtures
- Long-lasting and incredibly durable
COCOON concrete tubs and sinks carry additional advantages as well:
- Up to 80% lighter and more flexible than traditional concrete tubs
- Little maintenance, as no wax or oil is needed to seal the tub after usage
- Will not crack
- Built to last a lifetime
According to the COCOON Lab Concrete Material Guide, their concrete finishes are made from a special, natural mixture and hand polished. Each tub has its own unique look, with a visual patina and variation in color.
Learn more about COCOON concrete tubs, here.
Concrete Basins and Sinks
Concrete basins and sinks have become increasingly popular amongst designers in Beverly Hills. They have several positive characteristics, including:
- Each concrete basin is unique: there will never be a solid block of the same finish color, due to the variables within this specialized concrete mix. If you are looking to achieve a more smooth surface, there is an option of “Polished Concrete,” which gives the treatment an extra polish to smooth out the surface area.
- Style and textural flow lines: the concrete mix is liquid when being poured into the mold, so textured flow lines are expected and can add to the unique look of the piece.
- Strength and durability: Each concrete sink is pre-sealed before it is brought into the home. Users can expect the sink to last for decades –likely over 50 years, in fact – with the correct care and maintenance.
Designing a Luxury Bathroom?
Specialty Hardware + Plumbing can assist with pricing, design options, and finish match recommendations. For samples and more – stop by our Beverly Hills showroom or send us an email for more information.